- September 7, 2020 - September 11, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Course Length: 5 Days Course Dates: September 7 – 11, 2020 Course Venue: Dubai, UAE
This course will present an overview of the upstream oil and gas industry, business processes and its value chain (exploration, drilling, formation evaluation, well completions, reservoir depletions mechanisms, oil and gas production facilities, transportation, maintenance of oil and gas facilities, oil and gas reserves, and reservoir management). It will also highlight oil and gas terms, legal framework of the industry, project economics, oil price risk management, business planning, new business – opportunities and risk taking, marketing and retailing as well as high performing assets. It will cover domestic and cross-border state of the art petroleum industry supply chains as well as typical requirements of the hydrocarbon and product logistic of multinational, national and independent oil and gas companies. This course is built on case studies, interactive presentations, exercises and team games to illustrate the field applications of strategic management in oil and gas business.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for leaders who drive growth in every facet of their organizations. Appropriate experience levels include executive and senior leadership including managing directors, C-level executives, project directors and assets/operations managers.
What You Will Gain:
- Understanding the main economic, market, physical, environment and political forces driving energy demand, supply and prices. Connecting the key links and terms of the oil and gas industry, from the exploration well to the final products.
- Best practices in managing the oil & gas industry’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats
- Understanding the fundamentals management tools and decision processes in an international oil and gas company. Quantifying the risk and opportunity exposures of different stakeholders
- Applying practical decisions and experience to the risk of doing business in the global oil and gas industry using SWOT analysis, excel simulator, case studies, videos and discussions
- Overview of business processes, drivers and terminology relevant to oil and gas industry – from exploration and production to midstream and downstream. Oil and gas business terms. Understanding the exploration and production value chain. Legal and fiscal framework for exploration-production (concessions, joint ventures, production sharing contracts, service contracts, etc)
- Energy demand and supply. Crude oil reserves and production. Role of main actors – OPEC, NOCs, INOCs and IEA. Oil price evolution and long-term scenarios. Present and future constraints of the oil and gas industry (renewable and alternative energies, investments, etc)
- Understanding how reserves are classified and the process of exploring, appraising and producing. Main gas & crude oil markets as well as their structures & constraints. Liquefied natural gas chain, economics & trade. Long term sales & purchase gas contracts. Take or pay provisions & gas price formulas. International trade & shipping of crude and products. Various types of markets and contracts
- Basics of decision analysis & investment decisions. Decision making processes. Investment proposal ranking methods. Capital management. Decision under uncertainty & risk. Risks and uncertainties in economic evaluation. Alternative futures for the industry.
- Field case studies