- May 3, 2020 - May 7, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Course Length: 5 Days Course Dates: May 3 – 7, 2020 Course Venue: Dubai, UAE
The course presents new methods and applications to create competitive designs for both current and future large-scale biomass power plant process and equipment needs that is capable of operating in challenging situations. The course will further provide practical deterministic and probabilistic simulation modeling and optimization workflow for key management decisions during diverse biomass conversion to bio-energy operating conditions. Case studies on the applications of deterministic and probabilistic based simulation techniques to process and equipment designs in large-scale biomass power plant are also illustrated. The course also features practical examples to illustrate the concepts presented in the training course.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for renewable energy and bio-energy technology implementing agencies, professionals, project managers, project developers, project & design engineers, process engineers, facility engineers, operation engineers, and asset managers.
What You Will Gain:
- Understanding of practical & commercial application of various technologies for biomass conversion into bio-energy
- Basic knowledge and fundamentals of available commercial simulation tools for planning, process and equipment designing, operating and optimizing biomass power plant projects
- Understanding the use of stochastic -based simulation tools for biomass power plant process and equipment design. Improving basic concepts in biomass power plant process economics and risk assessments. Applying uncertainties in biomass power plant process and equipment design
- Developing biomass power plant simulation model workflow for FEED studies
- How to perform troubleshooting and/or de-bottlenecking of existing biomass power plant facilities to optimize operations
- Overview of biomass conversion to bio-energy. Overview of process simulation & synthesis procedures. Simulation concepts and tools. Key steps in carrying out process simulation.
- Biomass gasification and power plant process flow sheet. Process simulations of biomass gasification and power plant. Process evaluation – thermodynamic and economic performance indicators
- Coping with uncertainties in biomass power plants process and equipment simulation
- Biomass power plant equipment selection, design, fabrication, installation and commissioning
- Economic analysis
- Case studies and group exercises