- August 17, 2020 - August 21, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Course Length: 5 Days Course Dates: August 17 – 21, 2020 Course Venue: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The five days course provides detailed discussions and hands-on training for building integrated production and well operations performance models using commercial software applications. The training course will provide fundamental and advanced knowledge of integrated production and well operations modeling components, beginning with the static reservoir pressure, inflow performance, flow across the completion, up the tubing string, surface choke, horizontal flow lines, and into the separator. Novel workflows for thoroughly evaluating, analyzing and optimizing performance of oil and gas field/well production system components to achieve an objective rate at the different states of the well/field life (early-, mid- and later-life) will also be presented. Framework to generate production optimization opportunities at different levels, from reservoir and near wellbore remediation to lift performance improvement via the additional and optimization of artificial lift will be illustrated as well. Applications and case studies of multiple petroleum production technologies will be presented and discussed.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for reservoir engineers, production engineers, facility engineers and asset managers
What You Will Learn:
- Establish the performance of a hydrocarbon producing well in natural and artificial flowing conditions
- Learn how to model the interactions between the reservoir deliverability and the wellbore completion. Rapid assessment of marginal and mature fields re-development potentials
- Identify potential problems and warning signs from the well’s operations behavior
- Recognize different remedial actions to restore or improve well deliverability
- Introduction to integrated production modeling (IPM) suite. Data validation and reconciliation.
- PVT properties modeling. Inflow and outflow (multiphase) performance modeling. Choke & network performance modeling. System (nodal) analysis concepts. Estimation of OOIP & GIP
- Facility modeling (compressor, pumps, pipelines, valves, etc)
- Integrated production model calibration and updating. Calibrated production forecasting based on well performance. Scenario, sensitivity, risk and uncertainty analysis. Liquid loading in the wellbore and near reservoir condensate dropout. Well performance analysis
- Workflows for modeling well operation problems and remedial options. Artificial lift systems
- Optimization of well productivity. Well Stimulation. Intelligent and complex well architectures
- Class exercises and field case studies