- August 3, 2020 - August 7, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Course Length: 5 Days Course Dates: August 3 – 7, 2020 Course Venue: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
With disasters increasing in frequency and costs each year, there is increasing need to improve effectiveness of incident command and control systems for emergency preparedness. This course will teach participants principles of emergency management (preparedness and response) and the industry best practice of incident command and control system design, operations, structure and development process to keep communities and industry safe. The course will also provide activities and exercises that build the participants: abilities to perform the tasks and responsibilities of the emergency manager’s role; create long-term strategies for emergency management; design and operate command and control systems to select mitigation solutions to hazard risk problems and carry out mitigation activities in a post-disaster environment. Practical examples will be presented to assist participants in developing pertinent skill sets and the abilities to apply the skills and information gained in this training course.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for professional engineers, asset managers, all members of emergency management team, emergency service personnel, etc.
What You Will Learn
- Fundamentals of emergency preparedness & and their roles in keeping communities and industry safe
- Principles & applications of command and control systems for emergency response management
- Understand the different command and control systems available in emergency management
- Design and operations of an effective command and control systems for managing emergency events
- The knowledge and skills to plan, implement and evaluate stages of a range of command and control systems for managing emergency events
- How to apply latest knowledge of command and control systems and best practices into organizational emergency management business decisions and operations
- Assess the role of command & control systems in the success of an emergency management plan
- Overview of emergencies preparedness and response systems. Overview of emergency response programs & management systems. General problems associated with emergency response in large-scale disasters (emergency management – preparedness and response)
- Anticipating potential hazards and threats hazardous products in E & P operations for emergency planning, warning and response purposes in an area
- Fundamentals of command and control system, and their implementation
- Description, necessity and roles of command and control systems in emergency management
- Components and operation of command and control system for managing emergency events
- Best practices on command and control system applications in emergency events mitigation and management