- April 15, 2019 - April 19, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Course Length: 5 Days Course Dates: April 15 – 19, 2019 Course Venue: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
This course covers the processes and workflows for performing integrated reservoir studies using geological, geophysical, petrophysical and engineering data. The course highlights concepts pertaining to reservoir description, reservoir modeling and simulation, reservoir production optimization, and economic and uncertainty analysis. The course also includes extensive hands-on training and problem solving using public domain software.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for project engineers, geoscientists, reservoir engineers, production engineers, petroleum engineers, planning and development analysts, business planner, senior/ executive managers
What You Will Gain:
- How to work together on a multidisciplinary team consisting of geophysicists, geologist, petrophysicists, and petroleum engineers
- Understand the workflow for conducting integrated reservoir studies, including the components of a study and data required
- How to perform a complete description of a hydrocarbon reservoir (static reservoir model) using geo-scientific, geo-statistical and engineering methods
- How to design, construct, execute and quality check an integrated reservoir simulation model given a geological, geophysical, seismic, electromagnetic, well log and production data
- How to predict and optimize reservoir performance using reservoir simulation, economic modeling and uncertainty assessment. How to document results of integrated reservoir studies
- Overview and objectives of integrated reservoir studies. Workflow for integrated reservoir studies. Geological description (facies, mapping, etc). Geophysical description
- Spatial and structural modeling. Facies/rock type modeling
- Introduction to reservoir rock petrophysical properties. Estimation of properties at well locations.
- Well logging and logging analysis. Standard and special core analysis
- Core-well log integration synchronization and workflow
- Integrated formation evaluation and reservoir characterization
- Reservoir model construction and calibration. Ranking of realizations
- Economic and risk analysis
- Project management applications to integrated reservoir studies
- Field Case Studies