- March 11, 2019 - March 15, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Course Length: 5 Days Course Dates: March 11 – 15, 2019 Course Venue: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Analyzing data derived from well logging and core-plug to understand the heterogeneity of reservoir properties in geologic formations is paramount in petrophysical rock classification and characterization. This course aims to present various concepts of core and well log data acquisition, analysis, interpretation, integration, and their use in petroleum exploration and production. On completion of the course, the participants will be able to: (i) interpret well logs and core data to estimate petrophysical and compositional properties of different formations (ii) understand the physics of nuclear, electric, electromagnetic, nuclear-magnetic, acoustic, imaging, technical, LWD and MWD logs (iii) understand core and plug data acquisition and analysis (iv) understand the principle of petroleum geo-statistics for reservoir characterization (v) perform geo-statistical integration of core-plug and well log data to build accurate models describing porosity, permeability and saturation distributions in reservoir modeling and simulation. The course includes extensive hands-on training and problem solving using public domain software.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for professional reservoir engineers, petrophysicists, geophysicists, geologists.
What You Will Learn:
- Significance of core data in petrophysical rock classification and characterization
- Reservoir description with well log-based and core calibrated-based petrophysical rock classification
- Assessment of static petrophysical properties using core & well logs data interpretation
- Construction of static and dynamic multi-layered petrophysical models for petroleum reservoirs
- Joint inversion of well logs & cores to assess petrophysical properties of multi-layered formations
- Pore scale models for simulation and estimation of petrophysical properties
- Link to core-based calibration and updating in petrophysical reservoir characterization
- Geo-statistical characterization of petroleum reservoirs
- Introduction to reservoir rock petrophysical properties
- Well logging and logging analysis
- Standard and special core analysis
- Core-well log integration synchronization and workflow
- Integrated formation evaluation and reservoir characterization
- Assessment of net sand/pay, resources, and reserves